The recognition of academic achievements is relatively simple if you adhere to the following basic rules. The course of action is basically the same for all recognitions, whether you change the university, the subject, or study abroad.
For recognition use only the following documents:
- Please fill in the first page completely or else we cannot process your request
- Use the second page listing the courses of study using the following data. You will find brief explanations on the bottom of page two.
- SWS & CP: Please state the amount of the Semester Weekly Hours (i.e., a breakdown by lecture/lab exercise) of each lecture and possibly the assigned Credit Points. Otherwise, the assignment of Credit Points will be based on our ECTS System: 1.5 CP for 1 SWS.
- Try to match your lectures to our presentations in basic studies or to the categories. For example, you may list a specific lecture of the curriculum, which should be substituted by a lecture or category taken by you (i.e., core lecture, etc.). You can also state if the lecture should be applied to the major or minor subject.
- After you’ve completed your list, take it to the professor of the individual Computer Science Branch in Saarbrücken, which represents the particular subject area where your lecture derived. Only the professor can attest to the equivalence of a core lecture taught in Saarbrücken or recommend the acceptance as an core/ advanced lecture, seminar or a lecture of a minor field of study.
- Should you have any questions, or should you not know who represents a certain subject area on the Saarbrücken University please contact our study coordinator via e-mail.
- In order to expedite the recognition, please furnish a short description of the lecture content for better review of the equivalence. Please orientate yourself on the content of the hard copy university calendars, respectively the calendars on our web pages. Also mention the literature (samples) used, besides naming the major subject.
- Mandatory attachments:
- Certified copy of academic transcript
- Certified grading scale
- Detailed information of duration ( number of weeks, number of lecture / hours per week
- Description of course structure from the university or the responsible lecturer
- Certified German translation of the documents if they are not in German or English
- Please note that processing is only possible after complete submission of the mentioned documents.
- Further questions should be addressed to the program coordinator
- Completed requests should be submitted to the Examination Office:
Universität des Saarlandes
Gemeinsames Prüfungssekretariat MINT
PF 15 11 50